LOVING this blogger, LOVING this recipe!
We love our food here at Secret Saviours, but we’re also partial to a good blog, and Sarah Barnes’ is fab!
Sarah’s blog Taming Twins started out as somewhere for her to vent her parental frustrations and has taken off to become one of the most Tweeted, Pinned, Facebooked foodie blogs around.
Check out this tasty recipe from the straight-talking blogger, where the lead character is quinoa – more than just a faddy ingredient, it tastes amazing, too.
Time: 30-35 minutes cooking
Good for: Fibre, iron, Vitamin B, protein
1 tbsp olive oil
750ml good quality vegetable stock (Sarah uses Marigold brand)
250g frozen petits pois
For the dressing
Zest and juice of 2 lemons
6 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
2 tbsp honey
Big handful of finely chopped fresh mint
Plenty of sea salt and freshly ground pepper
Parmesan, to serve
• Rinse your quinoa thoroughly in a sieve until the water runs clear.
• Put your oil into a saucepan over a medium heat and fry your quinoa for 5 minutes.
• Add the stock and boil for 20 minutes.
• Meanwhile, thinly slice your courgettes lengthways, trim your asparagus and griddle them all for a few minutes on each side until soft.
• Make your dressing by mixing all of the ingredients together and whisking well or shaking in a jam jar.
• Cook the peas in boiling water for 3 or 4 minutes and drain.
• When the 20 minutes is up, switch off the heat and leave the lid on the quinoa saucepan for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork.
• Roughly chop the courgette and asparagus and mix with the quinoa, peas and dressing.
• Serve with shavings of Parmesan cheese.
And that’s that! Buon appetito!Recipe by Sarah Barnes; image courtesy of Sarah Barnes, tamingtwins.com