Our top 5 Tips to look your best at weddings while you’re pregnant
We’ve teamed up with Personal Shopper and style vlogger, Bethanie Lunn to bring you five maternity style videos packed with fashion tips for those key moments in your life. From wedding outfits to fitness wear, the outfit ideas allow you to take control of your look and your style.
Bethanie shares our philosophy that you should continue to dress like you throughout your pregnancy and stay true to your style. However, it’s just more challenging when you have an ever-changing body shape and growing bump isn’t it? We hope our five videos will help you find your personal style.
We’re releasing a new video every Monday and Wednesday at 2pm starting today. Check out the first one – packed with tips on how to stay stylish at weddings and parties, here.
Doesn’t Alex look great in this outfit above. We’ve summarized Bethanie’s five top tips on looking your best at weddings and parties here:
Bethanie’s top 5 Tips to look your best at weddings and parties during pregnancy
- Choose the right fabric. You need to choose something fabulous because, despite the Bride being the true centre of attention, when you’re pregnant at a social event, it seems you are too! But your outfit also needs to be comfortable. Choose a close-fitting fabric that flatters you but also stretches for all that wedding cake consumption. Jersey or cotton are ideal, there are lots of designs at ASOS Maternity (link asos.com/women/maternity).
- Add personality with accessories. A statement necklace, chandelier earrings or a hat can put your own spin on your look and are all affordable ways to introduce trends. Plus you can wear them post pregnancy too, giving you more bang for your buck.
- Don’t say no-no to the kimono. Pull together your outfit with a kimono – it is an easy-to-wear throw that isn’t too structured so you’ll be able to wear it at every stage of your pregnancy.
- If you want a little heel height, choose block heels. The wider, lower heel distributes your weight more evenly, avoiding too much pressure on the balls of your feet for an overall more comfortable feel.
- Carry foldable flat pumps in your bag. They take up little space and are a must to change into come the evening or whenever you feel the need. You’re carrying precious but heavy cargo so be sure to give your feet a break when you can, in some cosy flats. There are plenty of designs out there that allow you to be stylish and comfortable. I love Butterfly Twists (www.butterflytwists.com)
If you'd like to share you #SecretSavioursStyle with us you can share the love by following our Facebook and Instagram account this week and tagging us so we can share!
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.