This week's #RecipeSaviour comes from the lovely Kirsten Davies at The Food Remedy, a fab website dedicated to sharing "good, wholesome, natural food". Yum!
Time: 8 minutes prep, 45-60 minutes baking
Good for: Vitamins A, B2, C and K, folate, iron, magnesium
200g fresh tomatoes
1 garlic clove chopped
1 tbsp coconut butter
6 large organic eggs
1 cup milk
100g feta cheese
2 tbsp grated Parmesan
Salt and pepper to taste
• Preheat your oven to 180ºC or 170ºC if it’s fan-assisted.
• Chop the tomatoes, put them in a non-stick frying pan with a little coconut butter, the chopped garlic and sprinkle a little salt and pepper. Turn the heat on to medium-high and sauté. Add the spinach and cook until wilted.
• Grease a pie dish with the remaining coconut butter.
• Spread the spinach and tomatoes on the bottom of the pie dish, then crumble half the feta over the top.
• Whisk the eggs in a medium bowl until smooth.
• Add the milk, Parmesan and a small sprinkle of pepper. Whisk together. Pour this mixture into the pie dish over the spinach, tomatoes and feta.
• Sprinkle the remaining feta cheese over top.
• Place the frittata into the preheated oven and bake until it is golden brown on top and the center is solid. This should take between 45 minutes and an hour. Slice and serve.
And that’s that! Buon appetito!